In part 3 of the CHW cancer screening webinar series we’ll talk about breast cancer screening and cover these points:
- What does screening mean?
- What’s normal vs. abnormal?
- How to make sense of varying screening recommendations
- Discussing patient and family history and risk
- Key messages you can use to promote screening to clients
- When genetic counseling is recommended
- Screening resources outside the Women's Health Connection program
About the Presenter:
Dr. Chivonne Harrigal is a Board Certified Radiologist specializing in breast imaging. In her work at Saint Mary's Regional Medical Center she detects and diagnoses breast cancer by reading mammograms, breast ultrasounds, breast MRIs, and performing minimally-invasive nonsurgical breast biopsies. She also sees patients to evaluate breast lumps, breast pain, and other concerns.
Dr. Harrigal is a passionate advocate for breast cancer screening, emphasizing the recommendation that women begin annual mammograms at age 40.