Advancing Cancer Care in Nevada – Strategies for Evidence-Based Cancer Treatment and Survivorship
April 25, 2014
A special thanks to all those that attended, presented, and helped to organize the 2014 Nevada Cancer Control Summit. The full-day event featured a fantastic lineup of speakers and topics! Please stay tuned for details on the 2015 Summit!
2014 Summit Handouts and Presentations
- Surviving Cancer and the Cancer System: Stacey’s Story, Stacey Escalante
- The Genetics of Cancer: How Therapy and Surveillance are Changing, Nathan Slotnick, MD
- New Standards for Accreditation with the American College of Surgeons, Linda Ferris, PhD
- Innovations and Trends in Lung Cancer Screening and Treatment, Christina A. Szot, MD
- Healthy Sexual Life for Cancer Patients and Survivors, Fran Fisher PhD
- Ethics and Economics of our Cancer Care System, Jeanne Wendel, PhD
- Integrative Oncology Approaches to Cancer Care and Quality of Life, Brian Lawenda, MD
- Late-Effects of Cancer Treatments on Children and Adolescents, Jonathan Bernstein, MD
- Coordinating Cancer Care and Survivorship with the PCP and Patient-Centered Medical Home, Amy Shaw, MD
Credits Offered: AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ – 5.50. This program provides 1 CME credit towards the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners’ requirements for continuing medical education credit in ethics. National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC) has approved a total of 5.5 entry-level CECH. National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA) has approved a total of 5 CE hours. Credit for Social Work is pending.
Special Thanks to our Sponsors: