Women's Health Connection & Medicaid Treatment for Breast and Cervical Cancer
More women now have access to enrollment into Medicaid for treatment of breast and cervical cancer.
Women’s Health Connection (WHC) has removed barriers to accessing cancer treatment for WHC-eligible women not screened or diagnosed within the safety-net program. Now, women who have been diagnosed with breast or cervical cancer, or high-grade cervical pre-cancer, and are eligible and enrolled into the WHC program, but did not receive screening or diagnosis within the program, can have their diagnosis confirmed by a WHC provider and move forward with Medicaid enrollment through the WHC program.
Want to learn more? Check out the video below for complete details. Scroll down for additional resources and links.
Resource Links and Downloads
- State of Nevada Technical Bulletin
- Women's Health Connection Medicaid Referral Flowchart
- Women's Health Connection Medicaid Referral FAQ
- Nevada Medicaid Medical Assistance Manual
- Medicaid Medical Assistance Manual, Update to Breast/Cervical Cancer Medicaid (B-225)
- Access to Healthcare Network, administrators of WHC
- WHC at Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health
- Nevada Central Cancer Registry
- Ventanilla De Salud, assistance from the Mexican Consulate
- Governor's Office for Consumer Health Assistance (GovCHA)
- US Breast and Cervical Cancer Prevention and Treatment Act of 2000
- Webinar Slides with Script Notes