Advancing Cancer Care in Nevada – Strategies for Evidence-Based Cancer Treatment and Survivorship
April 25, 2014, 8 a.m. – 4:15 p.m.
UNLV Student Union, 4505 S. Maryland Pkwy., Las Vegas
This year’s Summit will have a more clinical focus for oncology professionals working directly with patients, as well as administrators and advocates. Session topics and speakers include:
- Surviving Cancer and the Cancer System: Brigette’s Story, Brigette Stovall
- The Genetics of Cancer: How Therapy and Surveillance are Changing, Nathan Slotnick, MD
- New Standards for Accreditation with the American College of Surgeons, Linda Ferris, PhD
- Innovations and Trends in Lung Cancer Screening and Treatment, Christina A. Szot, MD
- Healthy Sexual Life for Cancer Patients and Survivors, Fran Fisher PhD
- Ethics and Economics of our Cancer Care System, Jeanne Wendel, PhD
- Integrative Oncology Approaches to Cancer Care and Quality of Life, Brian Lawenda, MD
- After-Effects of Cancer Treatments on Children and Adolescents, Jonathan Bernstein, MD
- Coordinating Cancer Care and Survivorship with the PCP and Patient-Centered Medical Home, Amy Shaw, MD
Credits Offered: AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ – 5.50. This program provides 1 CME credit towards the Nevada State Board of Medical Examiners’ requirements for continuing medical education credit in ethics. National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, Inc. (NCHEC) has approved a total of 5.5 entry-level CECH. National Cancer Registrars Association (NCRA) has approved a total of 5 CE hours. Credit for Social Work is pending.
Registration fees include continental breakfast, lunch, refreshments, electronic handouts, and CME/CE certificate. Fees are as follows:
$90.00 Early Registration (received by 4/4/14)
$120.00 Late Registration (after 4/4/14)
$25.00 Student Registration
The 2014 summit will also feature an expanded poster session, the presentation of theDenise Dunning Award, and great networking opportunities. Watch for more information coming soon. If you would like more information on sponsorship please contact us at 775-870-4332 or by email.
We are pleased to confirm a special Summit hotel rate of $92 per night (includes Wi-Fi) at:
Hyatt Place Las Vegas
4520 Paradise Road
Las Vegas, Nevada 89169
Group rates will be subject to the prevailing room tax, which is currently 12%.
To book, click here and follow the instructions below.
• Choose your check-in date and check-out date. Your arrival and departure dates must be between the dates of April 24, 2014 and April 26, 2014.
• Click on offers and gift certificates.
• Enter group code G-CANC in the box labeled Group/Corporate #.
• Click the “Check Availability” button.
• Confirm that the G-CANC group name is specified next to rate details, then click “Book.”
If you have trouble booking please contact the hotel at (702) 369-3366.
All room reservations must be made by March 27, 2014 to receive the group rate.