Join the Cancer Prevention Task Force to work on cancer prevention activities including Sun Smart Nevada and community outreach programs.
Task Force Objectives:
Align with Prevention Objectives and Strategies as detailed in Nevada’s Cancer Control Plan. Broadly, cancer prevention objectives include addressing the following:
- Increasing completion of the HPV vaccination series among Nevada youth.
- Decreasing adult and youth smoking/vaping; decreasing youth initiation of smoking/vaping; decreasing exposure to secondhand smoke. Details are outlined in the 2019 - 2023 Nevada Tobacco Control Plan.
- Reducing the percentage of youth and adults who are obese.
- Decreasing the average radon concentration in homes through testing and mitigation.
- Increasing UV safety policies in schools and educate about skin cancer prevention.
Contact Christine Thompson to be join the task force and receive news and information about its activities.
Chairpersons: Deb Harris