You are here
Ask the Nutritionist: Recipes for Fighting Cancer
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute created the Ask The Nutritionist: Recipes for Fighting Cancer app to help you find recipes for staying healthy, getting you through treatment, and living and eating healthy for the rest of your life.
The app was developed by a staff of registered and board-certified dieticians and designed to help find the optimal diet for any type of cancer. It also offers users the ability to search by common symptoms (such as nausea or mouth sores), helping to customize dietary needs while going through treatment. There are also recipes and healthy eating tips for cancer survivors or anyone who would like to create healthy food choices.
- Recipes for fighting cancer
- On-the-go access to over a hundred healthy recipes with an evidence-based approach
- Easy recipes ranging from nutritious snacks to good-for-you main dishes to delicious desserts
- List of ingredients and step-by-step directions on how to prepare the dish
- Customized shopping list to use at the grocery store
- Nutrition tips and nutritional analysis information in a standard USDA label format
- Specialized diet section for those who require foods that are gluten-free, are high-fiber or provide immune support, etc.
- New recipes added each month
Ask The Nutritionist questions/answers
- Nutrition tips and information on cancer-fighting nutrients
- Innovative option to search by symptom management
- An “ask the nutritionist” function. Dana-Farber’s nutrition department will respond to questions from the app’s users
- An extensive database of frequently asked questions (FAQs) and archived questions and responses about nutrition