You are here
IMPACT Melanoma is a national nonprofit that provides education, prevention, and support for the most serious form of skin cancer, melanoma.
The organization's programs include:
- Billy's Buddies provides one-on-one phone connections with a melanoma survivor, or caregiver monetary support for non-traditional expenses for those in financial need.
- Support Groups are offered both in person (New England) and telephonically for patients dealing with the realities of melanoma and their caregivers. These groups are led by trained professionals skilled in working with cancer patients.
- Practice Safe Skin aims to decrease the incidence of melanoma and skin cancer by partnering with organizations to place sunscreen dispensers in public recreation areas. These dispensers provide free sunscreen and help increase sun health awareness throughout the community. (NCC's Sun Smart Nevada program got its first sunscreen dispenser through this organization!)
- Skinny On Skin teaches beauty professionals how to screen for suspicious moles while performing common salon services. This program is available nationwide through an online training.
- Your Skin Is In is an educational, pledge based program that encourages teens and young adults to make a personal promise to protect the skin they're in. An interactive eLearning lesson helps bring this important education to classrooms nationwide
Phone: (800) 557-6352