Northern Nevadans who are uninsured, underinsured or without a social security number can receive free medical care at upcoming University of Nevada, Reno School of Medicine (UNR Med) Student Outreach Clinics and Rural Outreach Clinics, in Lovelock, Silver Springs and Yerington, Nevada. UNR Med offers the free clinics in a continuing effort to assist the region's medically uninsured with needed health care services.
The following clinics are available:
General and Children's Student Outreach Clinics at UNR Med's Family Medicine Center:
- Tuesday, March 2 - 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Saturday, March 6 - 8 a.m. to noon
- Saturday, March 27 - 8 a.m. to noon
Geriatric (55+) and Dermatology Student Outreach Clinic at UNR Med's Family Medicine Center:
- Saturday, Feb. 20 - 8 a.m. to noon
Women's Health Student Outreach Clinic at UNR Med's Family Medicine Center:
- Saturday, March 13 - 8 a.m. to noon
Rural Outreach Clinics:
- Lovelock, Nevada: Saturday, Feb. 20 - 8 a.m. to noon, at Lovelock Community Church, 1055 Dartmouth Avenue, Lovelock, Nevada 89419
- Silver Springs, Nevada: March 6 - 8 a.m. to noon, at Faith Baptist Church - The back building; 5715 Elm Street, Silver Springs, Nevada 89429
- Yerington, Nevada: Sunday, April 25 - 9 a.m. to 1 p.m., at South Lyon Physicians Clinic, 213 S Whitacre Street, Yerington, Nevada 89447